Keywords disappear when editing (v5/v6)
Some users report a problem whereby all Keyword information disappears when adding new keywords to a Catalogue. Circumstantial evidence is that this occurs only (or has only been reported) when working at Editor level access. There are a number of possible remedies:
If the problem keeps re-occurring it is best only to avoid using Editor level access for Keyword maintenance.
- Use the Catalog Properties:
- With the Catalogue still open, call the Catalog Properties dialog.
- Select the Statistics tab
- Click the 'Calculate Now' button. This should cause the keywords to be re-indexed.
- If you're lucky, the Keyword data should reappear in all the usual places
- Alternatively, try using the Statistics tab's the 'Save Keywords to File' button, again to force a re-index of the Keywords.
- Recover the Catalogue:
- Open the Catalog menu and click Recover (or go via the File menu in v5)
- Recover the Catalogue.
- With Portfolio Server:
- Restart Portfolio Server.
- Re-boot the server.
Question: Keywords disappear when editing (v5/v6) [FAQ00312.htm]
Last Update:- 01 June 2006